Was your home built more than 40 years ago? Its time to replace your old electrical wiring! Even though your appliances and devices seem to be working without any apparent issues, old electrical wiring may be exposed or fraying, which warrants immediate inspection. The certified electricians at Mister Sparky NWA will check to ensure that all wiring is safe and up to code.
Faulty electrical wiring in your home is a hidden and ever-present danger. Old electrical wiring problems can be waiting behind outlets, leaving you clueless to the potential accident waiting to happen. Fire statistics in the U.S. are staggering (provided by the National Fire Data Center), an American fire department responds to a fire every 24 seconds. To avoid the possibility of your home being at risk for these alarming statistics simply contact Mister Sparky Northwest Arkansas for a professional safety inspection.
Every time an expert electrician from Mister Sparky makes a service call to your home, a safety inspection is performed. Home safety is a top priority at Mister Sparky and we take our job to protect homeowners very seriously. Electrical wiring is the #1 cause of house fires and we work hard to keep your home protected and up to code standards.
Electrical problems requiring professional attention:
- Limited wall receptacles requiring excessive use of extension cords
- An insufficient breaker panel
- Outdated breakers
- Loose connections
Pay special attention to warning signs indicating you may be experiencing electrical issues in your home. If you smell a burnt odor near an outlet, electric stove, television or any electrical device, your home could be in danger of a potential electrical danger. Fuses that often blow out in your home are another red flag occurrence signaling potential electrical problems.
If your home still has an old-fashioned fuse box Mister Sparky recommends you replace it with a modern circuit breaker panel. An updated circuit breaker system is more efficient and will provide a more adequate amount of electricity to meet the demands of your contemporary electrical load.
Other Warning Signs:
- Lights that constantly flicker
- Tingling fingers every time you touch your kitchen range or other appliances
- Outdated two-prong electrical outlets
- Damaged switches
- Exposed electrical cables
- Unprotected wire connections
The most common wiring material used in homes since the early 1900’s is aluminum. Many homes built in the 1970’s and earlier are often at risk for fire due to improperly installed or old electrical wiring. Aluminum wiring has a typical life expectancy of about 30 years. As the wiring reaches the end of its safety lifetime the aluminum can warm up as current moves through it, creating enough heat to melt, or catch fire.
If you suspect your home is a victim of old electrical wiring or you experience any electrical warning signs, call Mister Sparky NWA for an in-home safety inspection!
Mister Sparky Electrician NWA, America’s On-Time Electrician in Bella Vista, Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale and Fayetteville services the Northwest Arkansas area with a team of licensed electricians. In addition to flickering lights, some of the electrician services provided by the company include electrical outlet/switch repair, ceiling fan installation, lighting installation, electrical wiring repair, landscape lighting installation and home electrical inspections.